facility in a major city. You need to develop your safety and security plan, rely on new technology ideas, and stand up for your rights as an employee.
Audience: This webinar program is for all library employees who work in rural areas, as well as the library leadership that supervises these facilities,
especially from a distance.
- Trusting your intuition when working alone. Should you stay or go?
- Setting up help systems: phone trees, neighborhood support, code words, exit and evacuation plans.
- Improving your physical security with panic alarms, OC pepper spray, new door hardware, remote doors, restrooms/safe rooms. Can you bring your dog to work?
- The value of Security Incident Reports.
- How to get better results from your elected leaders, boards, and law enforcement agencies, when it comes to security and protecting library staff