If you work in a city or county library that’s in a rural location, where you’re alone all or most of your work day, or your building is a one-room facility, or has only one way in or out, this safety and security webinar is here to help. It can be challenging to work in a library environment that is unlike a
facility in a major city. You need to develop your safety and security plan, rely on new technology ideas, and stand up for your rights as an employee.
Audience: This webinar program is for all library employees who work in rural areas, as well as the library leadership that supervises these facilities,
especially from a distance.
- Trusting your intuition when working alone. Should you stay or go?
- Setting up help systems: phone trees, neighborhood support, code words, exit and evacuation plans.
- Improving your physical security with panic alarms, OC pepper spray, new door hardware, remote doors, restrooms/safe rooms. Can you bring your dog to work?
- The value of Security Incident Reports.
- How to get better results from your elected leaders, boards, and law enforcement agencies, when it comes to security and protecting library staff
View Webinar: Online
Presenter: Dr. Steve Albrecht
Date: February 6, 2020
Sponsor: Utah State Library