Kits for Checkout
How Do I Reserve a Kit?
1) Reserve a kit for one (1) week via KitKeeper.
2) Schedule and advertise programs for the public during the period your library has reserved the kit.
3) Return kit using the enclosed return label to the Utah State Library on time so the next library can receive it for their programming and complete the required survey.
By reserving a kit, the library agrees to:
- Promote the event(s) my library will be using the kit(s)
- Fill out the survey (online or paper) about your event(s) – Online survey for Kit 1 and Kit 2
- Complete the inventory check list before returning
- Return kit on time so next library can receive in time for their event(s)
- All activities in the kit have detailed instructions for program presenters. (Just remember with the STEM kits, participants are encouraged to explore the activities and pondering/questioning is strongly encouraged.)
Solar Eclipse Activities for Libraries (SEAL)
The Space Science Institute, through its Solar Eclipse Activities for Libraries (SEAL) program is distributing five-million solar-viewing glasses to 10,000 libraries, plus providing information and activities to share with library patrons.
Available June 23, 2023.
Nasa @ My Library
The Utah State Library is one of fourteen state library agencies selected for cohort 2 of NASA @ My Library, a nationwide science-technology initiative by the STAR Library Network (STAR Net) launched in 2018.
The State Library will receive resources, training and support through NASA @ My Library, a STEM education initiative that will increase and enhance STEM learning opportunities for library patrons throughout the nation, including geographic areas and populations currently underserved in STEM education.
As part of the grant, the State Library is circulating two STEM programming kits to Utah’s public libraries.
Foreign language collection kits are available to Utah public school libraries and include titles for ages K-12. Check out period per kit is (1) month with possible (1) month renewal if kit is not requested by another school.
Shipping and return shipping label will be provided by State Library to participating schools.
Storytime kits include puppets, flannel board cutouts, fingerplays, rhymes, and book and song ideas.
Check out period is for one month.
Shipping and return shipping labels will be provided by the State Library to participating libraries.
The audiovisual production kit is available to any Utah library staff, whether their organization is a public library, academic or school library, or a special library. Over the one month checkout period, you are encouraged to take full advantage of your exclusive use of the kit. Record streaming programs, book clubs, interviews, and anything else you can dream up.
The unique opportunity to circulate this AV kit came through CARES Act funds and programs designed in response to Covid-19. This equipment is meant to enable virtual programming, distance education, and other safe alternatives to business as usual. It is provided in partnership with the Utah Education and Telehealth Network and will remain available indefinitely.