Book Buzz for Book Groups
Book Buzz lends book sets to book clubs, book groups, libraries, organizations, schools, and community centers. Book sets contain 15 books that check-out for 56 days (8 weeks). Reservations can be made up to 1 year in advance.
How to Request a Book Set
If book sets are delivered to a non-library address the requester needs to fill out the Book Group Agreement for Private Groups. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the requester.
In an effort to unpack race and facilitate greater conversation, the Utah State Library Division and Utah Division of Multicultural Affairs have teamed up to launch “Collective Change: Books to Shape Racial Consciousness”—a Book Buzz partnership bringing a series of twelve books to celebrate and honor the immense diversity of Black literature and narratives.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson
- Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor by Layla F. Saad
- Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler
- Red at the Bone by Jacqueline Woodson
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead
- The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett